A new version is out, updated to fit for WinUAE 2.6, thanks to Peter yet again! Go and grab it! Either in the downloads section or access the online version…
After tingling with cameras and solar power systems, it was time to play around a bit with Android – in the form of CyanogenMod. After setting up a build environment for my i9100 (a Galaxy S2 in marketing terms), I decided to help figure out a problem with open-sourcifying one of the libraries for it, namely libril (part of the radio interface layer).
This device has a history of freaking out OSS people, and libril was no different, as can be seen in the code review for the library. While the same code would work perfectly fine on similar devices with similar radios, it kept crashing on the i9100 upon dialing out. After some debugging, I found out that the UUS (user-to-user signaling) handling was causing the crash – a MEMMAP SIGSEV error!
Namely, it was
memset(&uusInfo, 0, sizeof(RIL_UUS_Info)); that caused the kernel to freak. Intermediate solution? Remove the UUS information, as it is not really mandatory. The question remains: why can’t the phone allocate the (little) memory required for this struct? Might have something to do with heap/stack allocation…
New in our Tools section: Dirty Port Testing Tool, a tiny utility to open a TCP listener and connect to it from the same UI, simple and fast. Developed in about one hour after being increasingly frustrated with having to test dozens of ports and hosts in multiple firewall setups in a lab environment…
Out of the ashes of our pitiful online version of the WinUAE help file rises a new version, courtesy of HelpNDoc. You will have to bear the advertisement at the bottom of each page, but you’ll get a fully functional index and a search function. Well worth the trade, so go and check it out!
All WinUAE fans know the drill by now: the new version is now out, tailored towards WinUAE 2.4, thanks to Peter yet again! Feel free to grab the file in the downloads section or access the online version.
Miracles do happen. No, really. After almost 4 years, a new major release of NetInventory is now available! And it has been an eventful time: 160000 lines of code have been changed. 2 new tools have joined the package to round out the functionality. Dozens of bugs have been fixed along with a almost complete rewrite in C#. The suite is now licensed under the Creative Commons CC-BY-ND license.
Some of the previously unreleased work has been on and off development since as far back as 2006. As always, we are open to comments and suggestions for improvement!
Find further details and the download link at the NetInventory page. We hope you find these tools useful, as we do in our company network.
This release is in memory of a man, without whom none of this would exist and the world does not seem the same anymore.
Time for a fresh version of your favorite help file! Quite a few pages have been updated to meet today’s requirements, and outdated or irrelevant information has been removed, courtesy of Aleksander Chyliński. As always, the help also includes information about the latest WinUAE. Download the file for on-line help in the emulator itself or check out the online version in your browser!
The latest help file is available for download, and the online version is up to date as well.